free geoip For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There - Jayson's Blog - jaysonKnight.com
For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There

I'm sure there has to be a couple of Massive Attack fans who visit this site, and if you're not (or have never heard of them) it's never too late to give them a shot. They helped pioneer the trip hop movement which set the stage for many later bands to follow (Portishead comes to mind, among many others). It's nice and dark, soothing, dubby, and just an all around bad ass style of music.

A 5 hour mixed set of nonstop Massive Attack tunes has been making the playlist rounds over on the DI.fm Lounge channel for several months now; recently the author of the compilation has finally made it available for download: "This Is Massive Attack (mp3)" compiled by DJ Finny. Snag the download, queue it up in your media player of choice, and enjoy the nonstop sounds of Massive Attack.

Posted Sun, Jul 1 2007 1:51 PM by Jayson Knight

Comments

Rich Mercer wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Sun, Jul 1 2007 5:25 PM

Man, this is sweet! I love Massive Attack, so I'll have to work to this one Monday. That's half of my day sorted anyway. :)

Thanks for the heads up!

James Shaw wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Mon, Jul 2 2007 12:02 PM

Love Tricky, so I'm looking forward to this. Just started listening...

CMM wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Mon, Aug 6 2007 3:53 AM

Have been looking for this mix for awhile.  Tried streamripping it but only got the last 20 mins or so.  I'm stoked.  Thanks for the link.

Jesuschrist wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Mon, Aug 20 2007 1:15 PM

I've been looking for the mp3 for ages! Thanks a lot!

Hristy wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Sun, Nov 18 2007 9:27 AM

hi!

..it's sweet of you to give the link ,i guess,but .. it doesnt  work :( maybe because i'm trying to get it from russia..?! )

could you help me to find and download it?

Jayson Knight wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Sun, Nov 18 2007 10:10 AM

Hi Hristy, please contact me via my contact form (jaysonknight.com/.../contact.aspx) and I'll set up something for you where you can download it from me.

HB wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Thu, Feb 14 2008 12:02 PM

hey... unfortunately the link is broken... any way you can help?

thanks!

Kleines wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Sun, Mar 2 2008 12:42 PM

Today I heard this version the first time - and it's great. Unfortunately I also had to realize that the link is broken - any way you can help me, too? thanks!

Jayson Knight wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Sun, Mar 2 2008 3:00 PM

I've gotten quite a bit of feedback that the link no longer works, and it actually looks like Finny's site no longer exists at all. I will need to contact Finny directly before I can post his work here, so give me a few days and I'll see what I can do. Thanks for your interest guys!

Mitch wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Tue, Mar 11 2008 3:44 AM

Hey, What do you mean by his site is down. Click the link, its working fine for me :)

thanks for your effort

designer-images wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Sun, Mar 23 2008 4:32 PM

Hi mate, yes queue me up too please for this awesome MA/DJ Finny mix if possible. Heard it several times on DI.fm and although I own all their cds, it's a mix I've tried hunting down but alas with no success... Any info on a live link would be awesome! Cheers!!

tirades wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Sat, Mar 29 2008 12:58 PM

Yup, we all need the mix badly..... any idea how?

designer-images wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Mon, Mar 31 2008 10:01 PM

... hey in the meantime (in case you haven't lobbed onto this) check out Finny's arrangement of Lamb...

www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php

It's still available - I'm a massive Massive Attack fan but this near 3 hr mix shows Lamb as rightfully up there as well. Grab it before it disappears!

Shane wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Thu, Apr 24 2008 7:45 AM

Any updates on this one? I'd love to get a copy of it ... I'd even be prepared to pay a small fee for it! :)

Just in case you hadn't noticed ... DJ Finny's new web location is at http://www.djfinny.co.uk/

Jayson Knight wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Tue, Jun 10 2008 1:17 PM

Good news, Finny has posted the file at a new location...I've updated the link in my post. Enjoy.

designer-images wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Fri, Jun 13 2008 12:54 AM

WOOHOO!! Great work mate, cheers for that.

Paul wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Thu, Jul 17 2008 4:22 PM

Alas, Jason, The link seems broken again.  The link above opens to a filefront game site.

I would LUV to downlaod a copy of this mp3!

Help me!  Help me!  Sombody Help me!

Jayson Knight wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Sat, Jul 19 2008 12:46 PM

I am in the process of speaking with DJ Finny about hosting the file on my servers so hopefully we should have a permanent home for it soon. Stay tuned!

malcolm wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Sun, Aug 24 2008 11:54 AM

Hi!

Did you get Finny's permission?

Haven't heard it for a quite a long time. Now accidentally heard it on DI and crazy about it!

Mikael wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Thu, Oct 30 2008 2:29 PM

Me too! This is soo great!

Mikael wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Thu, Oct 30 2008 2:31 PM

files.filefront.com/.../fileinfo.html - that link worked for me on 10-30-2008 :D

I googled "This+is+Massive+Attack+smp3" which led me into that link pasted in the top - If it is broken when you try...

Frida wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Mon, Dec 29 2008 11:40 AM

Aww, link broken. =(

I've heard that mix twice, and I love it! I really wish I had it.

Paul wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Sat, Jan 3 2009 3:09 PM

Still looking to download this baby.  Nothing I've tried seems to work to find a viable download site.

Any suggetstions, Jayson?

Your help on this is certainly appreciated!  THANKS!!!

Dr. Karri wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Thu, Feb 19 2009 12:37 AM

Hey,

here is the new link.

files.filefront.com/.../fileinfo.html

It's working, tested on 19.2.2009

Enjoy!! :o)

Dr. Rockit wrote re: For All The Massive Attack Fans Out There
on Mon, Mar 16 2009 2:26 PM

Oh, the link is down again :/

But don't worry - DJ Finny gave us another one :-)

forums.di.fm/.../index10.html