All the cool kids are doing it (notably one of my favorite bloggers, Alex Barnett so if he's doing it, why not):
- During my tenure at boarding school up north, I was an alpine ski racer (downhill and super-g being my preferred events) and did reasonably well. Unfortunately my career was cut short for reasons I won't go into here. It was one of the few sports I had any "natural" talent at.
- I do not have a college degree, though I did attend a few semesters of college (I was a chemistry major). After that fiasco I was formally trained in classic VB/ASP, and am otherwise self-trained (on the job or otherwise) in my .Net endeavors. I know a ton of programmers who went this route.
- I was a Macintosh user for the first decade of my computer using years, and did not even power up a Windows machine outside of school until I was 21.
- I have 5 piercings, but no tatoos (with no plans to get any...ever).
- I had hair down to my shoulders until I was 20.
- I was classically trained in upright bass for 2 years when I was a teenager. I no longer play, but am an avid percussionist.
- I am deathly afraid of needles.
So I guess I have to tag 5 people: So, ScottW (actually, all of the Telligenti for curiosity's sake), Bob, Phil, Keyvan, and Galloway...you're it.
Fri, Dec 29 2006 11:26 PM