free geoip Motorola RAZR V3 -- Falling Apart After Only Nine Months - Jayson's Blog - jaysonKnight.com
Motorola RAZR V3 -- Falling Apart After Only Nine Months

I bought my Motorola RAZR V3 just 9 months ago, and it’s already falling apart.  It will die inexplicably and refuse to start up for hours at a time, the battery life is horrible (getting about an hour of talk time at the most lately, even after buying a new battery which set me back 50 bucks), and just today the volume buttons on the side decided to reverse themselves (i.e. the up button lowers volume, and the down button turns the volume up).

This is the second Motorola phone I’ve had that has gone bad in less than a year…the 2 Nokias I had prior lasted over 2 years each.  Thankfully I have a backup cell I can use (just swap out the SIM card and I’m up and running…one of the few things Cingular has going for their service), but it’s still a total PITA.

The thing I really wonder about is that both of the Motorola's were flip phones, whereas the Nokias were candy bar style phones…do flips suffer from the same symptoms as laptops?  Opening and closing them constantly wears them out faster than candy bar style?  The other problem is that I really like the phone.  Hello another RAZR?  Hello SLVR?  Hello non-flip phone?  Buying 2 cell phones in less than 2 years isn’t really my idea of a good time...

Posted Fri, Apr 14 2006 1:51 PM by Jayson Knight

Comments

Keyvan Nayyeri wrote re: Motorola RAZR V3 -- Falling Apart After Only Nine Months
on Fri, Apr 14 2006 10:16 PM
I started with Samsung and bought two phones from them and they were excellent.
After that I migrated to PPC. My sister has Nokia but sometimes gets in trouble with it.

PPC and SmartPhone are great (at least for me) but you had commented: "I simply didn't need that much power in a phone ..." in my old post.

Check them again, they can change your idea ;-)
Rick Stavanja wrote re: Motorola RAZR V3 -- Falling Apart After Only Nine Months
on Sat, Apr 15 2006 2:44 PM
Wow.  I guess I'm glad I stuck with a Motorola V600 a year ago.  I was a year and a half into it when I broke it in an unfortunate accident.  I tried to get into a Razr, but being an ex-AT&T Wireless customer, Cingular wouldn't let it happen, so I got a new V635 from eBay and it's still going strong.  I've been envious of seeing people using those sexy Razrs, but hearing your story eases the pain.

Thx for the alert.  Let us know how things go.
Shannon J Hager wrote re: Motorola RAZR V3 -- Falling Apart After Only Nine Months
on Mon, Apr 17 2006 12:32 AM
Motorola knows what a piece that original RAZR is but they also know better than to stop selling something that everyone is still buying, so don't look for them to fix *all* of the problems with that model.  However, the newer versions do correct a lot of shortcomings (such as the addition of a memory card slot).

I don't think the flip has anything to do with the phone being a piece...  it just wasn't made to be a great phone.  It was made to look good.
Phones wrote RAZR Falling Apart After Nine Months
on Sat, Apr 22 2006 10:56 AM
An unhappy owner of the Motorola RAZR....
Sophia wrote re: Motorola RAZR V3 -- Falling Apart After Only Nine Months
on Wed, May 17 2006 4:15 PM
I am a razor owner and I so wish I wasn't. I bought my phone about 7months ago and I have already had one replacement sent to me becuase the buttons were getting stuck and sometimes my menu was not working. Now I am having the same problems with the replacement phone. Not to mention the poor quality on the camera. This phone is definately the worse phone I have ever owned.
Laura wrote re: Motorola RAZR V3 -- Falling Apart After Only Nine Months
on Tue, Aug 8 2006 1:10 PM

i've just bought my razor, and i agree,the camera could've been a lot better, i've just owned it for 2days and i'm already having second thoughts, the only good thing about it is that it looks good, im really disappointed